Tuesday, May 27, 2008

More Thoughts On Drawing

Structural dependency and structural integrity are what exist in nature.

Thus the only way to draw that imbues such natural order in drawing, is to follow structural order, which has its roots in structural dependency.
Even if the pencil does not follow that order, the brain has to go through such orderly thinking. That is the only way to ensure ACCURACY in one's drawing.

Thus the mastery of drawing involves a clear understanding of structure, that goes into 'structural clarity' (simplified definitions of structure that makes managing structural integrity feasible), and countless passing through of structural order, in thinking.

The final goal of the journey, is to arrive at a drawing that is NATURALLY SOUND.

2 comments:

Aleth said...

Balance, i love it kev. Your thoughts are so amazing and give me a sense of affirmation. We gotta meet up soon man.

Christine Y. Chong said...

Hello, this is Christine (or Yen) I am from Taiwan also, I came to US when I was 15. Now I am second year at SVA.

Just saying hi since I am also on Blogspot. :D

Too bad I really only saw your work after you graduated. Didn't get to meet you.

Neat site btw, very simple to the point, yet very easy and organized. :D

My account on youtube is Altarstudio.